Monday, December 13, 2010

RESOLOUTIONS REVEALED...


THE RESOLUTIONS!

1.       Project365: 
In no way do I consider myself a photographer or even care to have it as a hobby, but I thought it would be a really neat way to document a year of my life. Time passes so quickly and we often miss opportunities to stop and enjoy “the simple things”. I hope this will be a way to remember something special about each day I’m given as it is a gift from my Father not to be taken for granted. 

2.       Use my passport: 
I purchased my passport in 2008 when I traveled to Guatemala with Buckner and DBU…it’s been collecting dust ever since. I thoroughly enjoyed my trip to Guatemala and it placed within me the desire to travel and see the beauty in places outside of our home. It’s high time I begin to go where I want to go and see what I want to see. Of course Project365 will capture my travels.

3.       Drop below XXX lbs. : 
Don’t be nosey, you don’t need to know the number. It isn’t about numbers anyway. It’s about health. It’s no secret that my family is the type of family who fellowships over a meal and it’s something we all enjoy. I was blessed to be raised in an atmosphere where body image wasn’t a huge deal and taught that beauty is only skin deep. I can 100% honestly say to you that I have never (outside of what’s normal for a girl) has a complex about my weight or any other facet of my body image. My beauty lies within my heart, my soul and my mind; not my pant size. This is purely about health and being a good steward of the life I’ve been blessed with. In August I started Weight Watcher and daily exercise. Thus far I have had success in not only dropping pounds, but I’m feeling better and better each day. This goal is just a milestone for me. 

4.       Finishing my One Year Bible: 
Now don’t get me wrong here, it isn’t like I don’t spend time in the Word on a regular basis. I’d be a basket case if I didn’t…but I’ve never completed the One Year Bible which as most of you know or could assume, takes you through the entire Bible in one year’s time. I’ve owned this version of the Word since 2004 and have never finished it. There isn’t anything revolutionary about this, it’s just something I want to do.

I hope maybe this will encourage you to set and achieve a personal goal or resolution for your betterment, but if it doesn’t that’s okay too. I also hope you gain insight, knowledge or just a smile on your face from reading this blog, but if you don’t that’s okay too.  Here’s to 2011…I pray blessings on each of you whom I love dearly.
-Brooke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home